Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Final Good Bye to J'oui, My Kitty Soulmate


About a month ago, I wrote about how the kitty love of my life, J'oui, was unexpectedly dying. My deeply felt tribute to him and his legacy was in that blog post: Finding the Sweet Spot of Love in Death.

Now, an update. We had to put J'oui to sleep the other week, seeing in his eyes that the pain was no longer worth baring.

A very strange and difficult thing, to know you have 6 hours, 4 hours, 2 hours, then 20 minutes left to spend with your loved one. I eeked out all the love I could from those final hours- as he let me hold him close- yet it never feels like enough.

I still miss him horribly at times.

But I want to thank him from the bottom of my soul for filling my human heart with more love than I ever imagined possible.

Until we meet again my little, gorgeous friend, may you fill many other lives with love and may I learn your lesson of spreading unconditional love far and wide, with a smile in your heart, a sparkle in your eye, and a gentle touch of the hand.

And may I grow in my understanding that though we are no longer together in the physical realm, we are never really far apart.

God speed little one, as you are on to other adventures!

I'll always hold you close. Thank you for being you- the glorious, beautiful, lovable you. You are a gem of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment